Commercial fire and smoke damage
Did your commercial building or the suite next to yours recently have a fire and now you smell smoke or have smoke related damage? Is smoke damage a covered loss on your commercial insurance policy? We recommend that you contact your insurance carrier so you can learn more about what you need to know about smoke claims.
Soot Damage and Insurance
Good news is that in most cases, damage from smoke will be covered under your commercial insurance policy. Remember the sooner you act upon following these steps, could help improve the restoration of your property to its pre-damaged condition. Your preparedness could also help with your insurance company getting quick approval on your claim.
- Get in touch with your insurance company or agent and file a claim, report the smoke damage.
- Call a professional smoke cleanup company to help assess your loss and provide details of the cleanup process.
- Take photos of any damaged items, and documents, receipts for any repairs that need to be performed.
- Know that your insurance company will send an adjuster to survey the damage.
- Know that your insurance company will require proof that the money they pay you will be going towards your restoration and repair.
Smoke damage claims and the efforts to communicate with your adjuster may be challenging. However, if you have done your due diligence in following these steps, your post-fire experience can be a positive one.
SERVPRO of Klamath and Lake Counties is here to help you painlessly deal with the fire damage, the soot damage or the smoke damage. Call us at: 541-363-0800