Restaurant fires destroy more than property. Restaurants hold priceless memories of celebrations and firsts, meetings with important people, backgrounds for special announcements or the reliable spot to pick up favorite weekday takeout meals. With a fire, they all go up in smoke—literally. Restaurant fires can be devastating, not only to the owners and patrons, but to the employees as well. One call to SERVPRO of Klamath and Lake Counties, and we will make your restaurant “Like it never even happened.”
Exhaust Systems and Ductwork
The vents and fans behind ovens and stoves accumulate a buildup of grease.
- Clean all areas daily.
- Twice a year, have a thorough hood cleaning by professionals.
- Clean grease traps monthly, quarterly, or yearly as mandated by the NFPA.
Gas leaks are the most catastrophic cause of restaurant fires because they cause an explosion.
- Be alert and detect the signs of a gas leak (gas smell, orange/yellow flames, extinguished pilot lights)
- Perform equipment inspections daily and replacement of worn-out equipment.
Heat from unsafe or poor wiring in switches, sockets, or plugs can spark flammable or combustible materials.
- Use only commercial equipment that is up-to-code.
- Update wiring that can handle a busy kitchen.
In the event of a fire in your restaurant, SERVPRO of Klamath and Lake County is here to help 24 hours a day! 541-459-3987